Tuesday, April 14, 2015

No Guilt

I saw something today that just flat out broke my heart. I saw someone turn their back on a friend for being "too involved" with their family and not giving up time with their kids to "go out" with their friend. 

Believe me, I understand feeling left out. It is far too familiar a feeling. What I don't understand is the way this person flat out tried to guilt their "friend" for making, what I believe is, the right choice.

Friend or not they have no business or right to throw a person's choice to take care of their family in their face and try to shame them over how they live. If you aren't living their life, You.Don't.Know. Period. It may seem like you do, but I promise there is PLENTY they don't share. You don't know the sacrifice. You don't know the pain. You don't know how torn they feel. You don't know what they have given up and what they would give up if they had to. NO two people are exactly the same. They don't do things the same. Guess what?! They don't NEED TO. I really wanted to say something, but what good would it do? Sometimes people cannot see past themselves. :( None the less, my heart ached for the betrayal.

If I have to choose I will ALWAYS choose to do right by my babies. I owe them my BEST. Period. They are worth it and they deserve it. I cherish every second I spend with them. They grow up far too fast not to. So I know I'll be busy, I'll be unavailable, I'll be slow to respond and limited by schedules, but there is nothing more important that I could be doing then giving my all to these people that God has blessed us with.

That said, if you feel like I neglect you, or am "too busy", I am really sorry, I don't want any of y'all to ever feel that you don't matter to me! You do! I simply have a responsibility to wipe away the tears, to pray away the nightmares, to hold their heads when they are throwing up, to snuggle them when they need a Mommy snuggle, to teach them all I can in the limited time I have. To raise them to put others first, to love other people no matter how they are treated, to be kind, generous and respectful. To teach them never to do what I saw done.

So, to all my friends who are out there sacrificing for others, working hard, raising a family, in service to their country, in service to their community, whatever it is that you do that takes you away from your friends and leisure time... Thank you. *hugs* Your effort is appreciated and your sacrifice is valued!!!

Ignore the rest and know that you are doing the BEST you can, and that is what matters! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment