Monday, April 6, 2015

What Can I Say...


About the day we celebrate the unbearable sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross? He set us free. His suffering made it possible for us to be forgiven and our relationship with our Father restored. He took on all of our blame, all of our guilt and all of our sin just so that we could know the love of our Father.

Can you imagine being beaten and then killed, in such an incredibly painful manner, so that someone else wouldn't have to take the blame for what they did?

It wasn't until I was a mother that I could imagine doing that for someone else. Being a parent gave me a tiny glimpse of how God loves us. My love for my babies, the three people that I would do anything to protect, even die for, is a faint projection of how our Father loves us.

Why do I say "faint" projection? Well, because even in that love for them, I could not imagine sending one of them to die for the others, let alone for people who have betrayed me. Yet, that is exactly what God did for us. He sent His son... His son who had done no wrong, to stand in our place. To take the guilty verdict upon Himself, and bear the unbearable for us.

How could He do such a thing for people who defied His laws, who spat in His face, who rejected His loving plans, who betrayed and disregarded Him??? I cannot comprehend the depth and breadth of a love that would pay such a great price just to be reunited with the people that so utterly rejected Him.

That is His heart for us. For ALL of us. That not one of us would be separated from Him but that all of us would be returned to His loving arms. No matter what we have done, He still wants us back. He still wants to forgive us. He still wants to set us free from the pain, the guilt, the anger, the suffering...

What greater gift could we receive than this?

How could I ever thank Him enough?

Father, I can find no words to express my gratitude for what you have done. I don't even know where to begin. You know our hearts, Lord, so I will pour out my heart to you always. I will share this gift with the world. I will endeavor to honor your sacrifice and when I fall short, I will ask for forgiveness again. It is by your loving grace alone that I have been set free, and for that I am eternally grateful! <3

Bless and be blessed, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment