Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I Will Wait and Pray...

When circumstances arise that are so far beyond your control or ability to fix you have a two choices...

1. Panic and lose all hope.

2. Wait and pray.

Over the years we have been in positions like this many times. We have stared down complete and utter financial failure more times than I can even count. YET God has always, always been faithful to provide. He has seen us through each time.

I have always been a do-whatever-you-can-on-your-own kind of girl. I was always wracking my brain to figure out what more I could do, to make sure I had done my part, to try and make the right choices, and I trusted God for the rest.

This year has been a year of finding ourselves in situations where there is literally nothing we can do but wait and pray. We have seen miracle after miracle beginning with Disneyland, then our mission trip, a commuter car for my husband, food and even gas! 

I won't lie and say that it hasn't been hard, or that I haven't had thoughts of doubt and fear to wrestle with, because I have. I won't even say that I have made all the right choices or done all of the right things. Believe me, I have made my share of mistakes. I have even gone so far as to try on my own to fix it, but those attempts only made things worse. I have had regrets. I have learned lessons. 

So today, as we stand here at the edge of a cliff, staring into the unknown, everything crumbling around us, we are choosing to stand with our feet firmly planted on the rock. We are submitting it all into the hands of our Father, because we know 2 things...

1. He is ALWAYS faithful. His plans are so much better than ours and He never fails to keep His promises or take the BEST care of His children.

2. Even if it all fell down, He would be there to catch us.

We are praying and believing for His miraculous provision for the umpteenth time this year. And though the need this time is the greatest it has ever been, we are standing firm on the promises He has given us and words that have been spoken into our lives. He did not lead us just to leave us. He is not surprised by these events. He knows our needs. He has ALWAYS provided. We are in the BEST hands we could be in. <3

I believe that someday soon we will be sharing with y'all how God answered our prayers and how He stood with us through the storm.

The breakthrough is coming and we will NOT give up until it does!


2 comments: