Thursday, October 30, 2014

Am I the Only One?

This time of year just does something to me...

I get this giddy feeling like a child gets as their sleepy little eyes first begin begin to open and they realize that the magic and wonder of Christmas morning has finally arrived! For me, the entirety of Fall and Winter are just that! 
 
The fall air is fresh and crisp. 

Everything has been scrubbed clean by the rain.

The rich aroma of pine hangs softly in the air. 

The welcoming scent of the warmth to be found by many a firesides drifts slowly on a gentle breeze. 

Nature bursts forth in a glorious display of color as the leaves sing their final song just before the trees slumber...
 

There is a sense of mystery and intrigue that is evoked in me when I see heavy fog slowly oozing it's way across a field, enveloping everything in it's path. In an orchard it ignites a spark of curiosity that practically begs to be explored. I long to walk in the mist among the trees.

There is little that compares to curling up by the fire with a soft blanket, a warm cup of spiced tea and watching as the trees bend and sway in the dance of their wind churned branches. 

Then winter comes, softly and quietly.

Bringing with her the beauty of ice crystals glistening in the moonlight. 

The air carries a smell so light and fresh that it invigorates my soul with every breath. 

Homes become a place of warmth and the inviting aroma of holiday meals shared with those we love.


My heart longs for the day that the first snowflake will lazily drift down from the sky. Carrying with it the promise of the joy, the laughter of children and days spent at home sipping hot cocoa together.  

It is a time of nostalgia. Of memories to cherish and thoughts of those we love who are no longer with us. It is a time when we embrace the people in our lives and share the love of our Father in Heaven and the gift of our Savior.

For me, nothing compares. There is no time more peaceful and comforting. No sight more beautiful, no sound more joyous. This time of year my troubles melt, my soul is refreshed and the happiness of these simple, little things is overwhelming.

Take time to breathe in the peace, revel in the beauty and let the joy seep into your soul. 

Bless and be blessed, y'all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment