Saturday, December 19, 2015

Celebrate the Little Things..

I like to set aside time to stop and celebrate the little successes, not just the big ones. ;) So today is being dubbed "Success Saturday". Celebrating each little success fuels our drive to keep going and is a fantastic form of encouragement.

Today, I finally met a goal that I have had for a long time..

I got to take my kids to see a REALLY good Star Wars film in the theater! (Seriously, let's be honest, the 3 prequels weren't the best...)

So I guess that means I really got to reach TWO goals! :D

See... A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Well, not really that far away, it was actually in this galaxy. BUT it was a long time ago, relatively speaking.

I was no where near where I wanted to be health/fitness wise. I was uncomfortable in my clothes and in my own skin. I was unhappy with the way I felt, the way I looked, and my ability, or IN-ability, to be as physically active as I wanted.

I bought this super cute Star Wars dress with the "dream" of "someday" being "skinny enough" to wear it and not look like the Michelin man or a lumpy tube of toothpaste.
 

I hung that dress up on the wall as a goal and motivation. Needless to say, it gathered a LOT of dust while I tried everything I could find to get myself where I wanted to be.

I tried pills, drinks, fad diet after fad diet and nothing got me any closer to my goal. In fact, I got further and further away from it.

UNTIL I found my awesome coach, Megan. I did a few of her quick workout videos and went back and fourth on whether or not I wanted to sign up for a challenge group.

Steve's health was the push I needed and a year and two months after I combined an awesome workout program with dense nutrition and a simply eating plan, I finally got to wear that little dress!!!

I was terrified when I took the tag off this morning and put it on. I was worried that I hadn't done enough work. I was afraid that because I'm not at my final goal, I wouldn't be comfortable in it. I was afraid I had failed. Big time.

But guess what? It wasn't as bad as I thought. I was super cute! Sure I can look at it and pick out the areas I still want to work on, but I am so happy with how far I have come!

It all started with the decision to commit to myself and a few simple changes that carried out daily got me to this goal. ^_^

Why did I share all that?

To say this: Don't give up! You can totally do it! :D
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment