Monday, January 11, 2016

Have You Ever?

Done something so big that other people might think you were crazy? I’m talking about a leap of faith so improbable that few would ever even consider supporting you let alone join you in believing for the miracle of an answer to your prayer?

Well, y’all, that is what we did this week. We jumped.

It wasn’t a small leap like “jumping” over a puddle because you don’t want to get your favorite shoes wet. It was right off a cliff. No net in sight.



Now, if you know me, you know that I am, rather fiercely at times, independent. Not from a place of pride, I will ask for help without hesitation when I can, but rather from a place of necessity. This last year God has been working on healing my heart and changing my belief in this area. He has continually brought answer to prayer by showing us we aren’t alone and we don’t have to do it on our own all the time.



First He has shown us that we always have Him and we can most definitely rely on Him. He is unfailing.


God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” – 1 Corinthians 1:9  


Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.” – Psalm 143:8


“But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.” – Psalm 13:5



Second, He has shown us that He loves to bless His children. 


“If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” – Matthew 7:11



He has shown us that if we ask, with faith, in accordance to His will, He blesses us with what we are asking for.


If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” – Matthew 21:22


“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” – Matthew 7:7


Now, sometimes we do have to ask more than once and sometimes what we are asking for is not what is best for us. This year we have seen so many prayers answered. We have been given things we had been asking for for years, we have been given things we have only asked for once, we have been told “no” and we have been told “yes” and either way we were blessed by His love and faithfulness. 






So what about this cliff jumping experience?



Well, it is a long story so I will share it in pieces.

It all began over a year ago, with the best laid plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment