Tuesday, January 26, 2016

You Know, It's Funny...

How things work out.

I have been talking a lot this year about the way God has used Health & Fitness to transform my heart and my thinking. I have been so incredibly blessed to work for a company that puts individuals over sales; what is best for the customer over what is best for the bottom line; works so hard to show it's employees that they are appreciated and valued, and shares faith openly while encouraging and inspiring others to believe in themselves and reach for their dreams.

This has been an amazing journey! God has been showing me that I do have value, that I am capable of doing big things, that He has a plan for me and my life that is good far beyond anything I could have imagined, and that I can do anything with Him. 

Last year it was prophesied over my husband and I that this year would be the year that the chains and bondage of struggle and lack would be broken; this would be the year of restoration of what has been taken from us; this is the year that we would have breakthrough in many areas of our lives. Gone are the things of the past that held us down, kept us locked into stagnation, and the lies that told us we were unworthy and unable. 

We grabbed a hold of those promises and have contended for them, believed for them and thanked God for them. We have been really feeling like this year we will be living out those promises. 

Sometimes confirmation comes in big ways, like our Pastor declaring that this year is a year of possessing the promises of God for our church and a guest speaker having the same word from God. Other times it comes in the most unexpected of ways, like customers you haven't even met or support and encouragement from people who don't know what you are walking through. Still other times it is a quiet whisper letting you know that you are doing good. Sunday God confirmed something that has been on my heart for over a year, and He did it in a very practical way. He did it with a simple, printed, notecard.

For quite a while now I have been feeling like it is no longer time for me to sit quietly by and just "do my part" behind the scenes. I have been feeling like I am supposed to step up and take on the fight. Now, that doesn't mean that I have to stop doing my part behind the scenes, but rather that it is time for me to also stand up, to speak up, to let my voice be heard, to share my testimony and to help others. God has given me many scriptures encouraging me to "rise up from the ashes" of the pain, lack, and worthlessness of my past and take on the giants that are trying to keep me and others fighting the same battle down.

This is something I have talked about with my husband and something I have prayed about for months and months. So when I was sitting in church and our Pastor said they had a small cards with a simple saying printed on them, that we were to take home with us and put up somewhere to encourage us to fight, I was excited. I felt like the timing was so perfect. I needed this little nudge from God, letting me know that I am on the right path and that this is going to indeed be a year of victory.



God loves to encourage us. He is our hope, a hope that never comes up empty. He is faithful, He keeps His promises. 

Be encouraged! This is a new season. It is a season of overcoming. It is a season of hope. It is a season of restoration. It is a season of promise fulfillment. It is a season of VICTORY!

Let's go kill some giants, y'all! ^_^

Bless and be blessed, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment