Thursday, June 23, 2016

It's Over Already?!

Time flies. I know, it's an over-used idiom, but none the less, true. Time just keeps on marching and when we are busy, or having fun, our perception of it's passage really does change... or is that just me? ;)

I can't believe that our mission trip went by so quickly! It has been such a great feeling to be home with my babies again, getting all the hugs and snuggles I want, but there is a part of me that misses all of the beautiful people we got to meet and the incredible places we got to see.

Coming home brings with it it's own flood of emotions, not unlike the torrent that was raging through me before we left. There is relief to be home. Comfort in the familiar. Joy in being reunited with my children. Peace in having survived it all relatively unscathed. Sadness in saying "goodbye" to the people I quickly came to love. Longing to see the beauty of the sunset that filled the sky as far as I could see. The wish that we could bring the beauty of the community aspect of life in Argentina back with us...

It is funny how different this trip was from what I imagined it might be like. Yes there were cultural differences. Yes, there were conveniences we didn't have there that we have at home. Yes, we invested long hours and did some good physical work in addition to the spiritual work. BUT... none of it felt like "work". It was fun. It was invigorating, exciting, scary, normal and new all at the same time. 

We put in long days. I was up by 6:30 a.m. most days and didn't close my eyes to sleep until midnight or 1:00 a.m. Even though I didn't stop to sleep during siesta, I never felt drained. There was this incredible energy from being in a new place, with new people, and so much to see and learn, that I wanted to just keep "experiencing" rather than rest. We had such a limited time there and I didn't want to waste any of it. 

There is so much to talk about, and I can't wait to share some of our adventures with y'all! 

To be continued...                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment