Friday, September 16, 2016

Well That Was Unexpected...

So, awesome story...

I have loved my last two HP laptops, but their service with the most recent one... not so much. :(

My laptop is 2 /12 years old and some parts weren't working properly, so I called HP and after 4 calls, (2 of which were escalated because they "couldn't find" my extended warranty, again >.< ), 3 remote logins, during which they repeatedly said the parts were working, even though they weren't, I  sent my laptop in for repairs.

The hard drive was toast, the USB ports didn't see devices, the dvd drive didn't see disks when we loaded them, and the battery lock still wasn't working from the last time I sent it in.

4 weeks later, with no emails or updates, other than to say they received it then subsequently changed that to "waiting for customer to ship", and I finally got my laptop back today. 

Happy to to be able to get back to work, I joyfully opened the box to find no power cord, apparently they need it more than I do. :/ I made a mental note to call the service department, and proceeded to the enclosed documents to determine what work had been done. The only notes are "Operating Software Reloaded:NO" and "Replaced Defective TOUCHPAD"...

Okay, well the touch pad was fine when I sent it in, odd, but whatever. What I really wanted to know was did they fix the parts that I needed fixed? So I figured I would try and power it on to see.

Being astute, I noticed 3 things right away:

1. The monitor case is now cracked on the inside and outside. :/
2. The battery lock still has not been fixed. >.<
3. There is no power. *sigh*

Swell. 

Since I can't plug it in to find out, I promptly called HP to talk to the service department. 

First things first, they put me on hold to read the notes before asking the reason for my call. I figured that might be a good thing, at least they would know what was going on. Clearly I overestimated the quality/quantity of said "notes" because the first thing he said when he took the call off of hold was "The repairs are done and the shipment has been delivered, but I can track it if you would like." 

I told him "Ummm, no that's okay, I have it." He said "Okay thank you for your call, have a nice day." O.o

I quickly interjected that I was calling because I have no power cord, a cracked case and no notes about the repairs I requested. I didn't get to the problem of the still broken lock before he placed the call on hold again to review the "notes". Still, holding out hope for some details, I sat patiently waiting for his return. 

When he came back he said he found the notes on the repairs and it said "Multiple failed components were replaced. So be assured the work is done."

I asked if the notes specified which parts were replaced and after another hold he informed me "The touchpad. It is good.". :/ 

I asked again about the power cord and before I could get to the bloody lock or cracked case he put me on hold. Again.

Still hoping that I could at least get that part straightened out, I waited patiently. When he came back he said "Thank you. Your service has been escalated and you will be getting intubated from our end soon."

O.o Say what?!

I said "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

He repeated his previous statement. To which I responded "Will they send the power cord and can I find out what repairs were made?"

Again he thanked me, told me I would be intubated shortly and wished me a nice day, then ended the call.

...

I don't really know why they are planning to intubate me as I don't think that will solve my power problem. Nor do I know what will happen if/when I do turn the thing back on since they didn't reload the operating software as the computer did not originally come with disks. 

I guess I will joyfully await my upcoming HP provided medical procedure and maybe call back and ask for a supervisor in the meantime.


No comments:

Post a Comment