Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Nothing Like It!

It is late at night. 
The sky is clear. 
The air is cold and crisp. 
The faint smell of the fires that warm our hearths and homes, only just embers now, slowly smoldering their last, hangs ever so lightly on a breeze. 
I sit on my bed in the dark quiet. 
Wrapped in the warmth of our Father's love.
The sound of my precious family sleeping peacefully fills my heart with joy.
I gaze out the window at the twinkling stars.
Far too many to count; brilliant in the inky blackness of the night sky.
The light of the moon shines off the delicate frost crystals that blanket the ground like so many diamonds.
Thin wisps of fog have woven themselves among the branches, freshly bare for winter.
The world, so filled with pain and strife, seems still and in this beautiful moment, at peace.
Right now, in this place, life is as glorious as it was designed to be.
It is here that I see so much of the beauty of creation. 
I feel the wonder of a child on Christmas morning.
I feel the peace of a baby held safely in it's mother's arms.
I could not be more content in the abundance of the blessings that God has given me.
I am deeply and truly thankful.
 
 
Bless and be blessed, y'all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment