Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Fear.

It all boils down to fear. Fear of failure, of rejection, of abandonment, of judgement...

Fear is a LIE can control us if we allow it to and it will rob us of the peace, love, joy and purpose that God intends for us.



I saw this posted on Facebook today. I don't know if anyone else can relate to this.





I am not sure that I would say this has been my greatest "fear", but rather that it has been the greatest lie that I have ever embraced about myself. That I am detestably flawed, utterly worthless and wholly unlikable, never mind lovable.

I have come a long way from where I started. God has done so much work in my heart and in my thoughts/beliefs about myself. Most days those lies don't enter my thoughts, but there are days where I still struggle to imagine my husband seeing any value in me and I can't for the life of me imagine how or why God loves me as much as He does.

---BUT---

I do finally believe that God loves me and that my husband doesn't hate me. ;) The poor man. Honestly, he works so hard to show me he loves me, but sometimes those old lies and past experiences rear their ugly head and in fear, I doubt the possibility. Not because of him, but because of those old false beliefs.

The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy but I refuse to let him gain any ground in my life, my relationships, my family or my purpose.


Satan is an a-hole and he can SUCK IT.

All of those little "flaws" we see in the mirror, they aren't flaws. They are the little bits and pieces of precisely what makes us perfectly unique.

Sure, we are all broken in different ways. We all have our weaknesses and destructive coping behaviors that we wrestle with, BUT that doesn't define who we were *created to be* and who God has called us to be.

Old wounds CAN be healed.
Destructive behaviors CAN be changed.
Lies CAN be replaced with TRUTH.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." - John 10:10

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" - Matthew 19:26

Two years ago, my husband and I were asked to be part of the team to start up our church's new Recovery Program. At first, I couldn't see why they would ask me. What could I possibly have to offer? 

I am so thankful that God brought us to "Set Free" and introduced The Genesis Process into our lives. Without these tools and His help, I would still be buried under the rubble of lies and unable to see any value in my existence.

Since then, this has become my passion. Seeing people Set FREE. With Jesus, there is real healing, and there is true and lasting freedom.

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." - John 8:36

If you struggle with fear, shame, self-worth, body image, old wounds, destructive behaviors... whatever it is, it is NOT too big or too terrible for God and you don't have to walk through it alone.

I am more than happy to be here for you. To walk with you, to support you, or even to just listen. 
Please, feel free to contact me on Facebook: fb.com/Kate.ThisGirlsLife 
or email me: kate.thisgirlslife@gmail.com

It may not seem possible today, but the TRUTH is, you are priceless, you are perfectly unique, you are LOVED.



Be blessed, my friends. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment