Sunday, March 22, 2015

And On This Day....


This day that He has made... I will rejoice and be glad in it!

I got this fantastic little patio set. It's nothing special to look at, just a small little table and two chairs. They aren't the big, fluffy, oversize chairs, instead they are simple, metal, folding chairs. They probably look meager and unassuming to most people, but to me they represent so much more.

When I look at my little set, joy floods my heart. It has been something we have wanted for so long... To simply be able to sit outside and just enjoy the beautiful view from our front walk. What I see is their cheery turquoise color, their cut out detail, the curve of the bars and it is like a ray of sunlight. They brighten up my porch and that brightens up my day. ^_^ These three small pieces of outdoor furniture offer the promise of many memories to be made. Many conversations to be had, many dreams to be discussed, time spent refreshing our souls and simple moments spent just quietly sitting in the company of my husband... my best friend.

Life is full of little joys found in the simplest of things. Things that can be overlooked and easily missed. Things that may seem trivial to others but are blessings meant for us. God gives us little bits of joy everyday, the question is are we too busy wallowing in the mire of life to notice them, or do we stop and take them in with thankfulness in our hearts?

I have found such abundant blessings living out in the country. It's the little things. The way the sunlight filters through the trees, the cool air as you get closer to the river, the welcoming smell of fires in wood stoves on a cool crisp night, the sky brilliantly decorated with so many stars. I could go on and on. We are surrounded by so many beautiful experiences, they are all around us. Will we look up from the mundane long enough to enjoy what is right before us or will we let it pass us by?

I plan to look up as often as I can and in those things that seem so small and trivial, I will rejoice!

Bless and be blessed, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment