Monday, March 30, 2015

It All Began...

As a mother there are few things that bless your heart more than hearing that your kids behaved well while in the company of others. Really, it makes you feel like your hard work is paying some good dividends. ;) Am I right?! These "dividends" are particularly important when the context is something dearly important to you.

Our kids have been raised at our church. Literally, we have been there since our oldest was 6 months old and he is almost 12 now! *Warning: Emotional Mommy Moment (I cannot believe it has been that long, it just doesn't even seem possible that my first baby is that grown!)* Okay back to what I was saying...

I don't know about y'all, but as a believer, there is nothing, regarding my children, of greater importance to me than their precious souls and more specifically how they are being nurtured. I will be completely honest with you, I want nothing more than for my children to be with our Father for eternity. Unfortunately for me, that is ultimately between them and God, I cannot make that decision for them. What I can do is sow into their lives and nurture the seeds until they reap the harvest.

Does that make sense or do I sound completely insane? hahaha Okay, so what I'm trying to say is that I have the opportunity, as their mum, to share my love of Jesus with them. I get to share the word of God (The Bible) with them; to teach them right from wrong; to pray for them in their own walk. As a parent we do our best to lay a strong foundation that will help them stand strong and make good, healthy, choices for the rest of their lives. Typically we won't be around to see how it all plays out, but our trust and indeed our hope is in the Lord. Sometimes, however, we get the amazing blessing of being able to see those "seeds" bear fruit!

Worship. It is really one of my favorite parts of my faith. I love pouring my heart and soul out to God in love! (Now if only I didn't sound like a dying seagull whilst doing it, I would beg to be on the worship team, but that is another story... I digress.) Worship is raw. It is deeply personal and for me, more often than not, it is emotional. I have always tried to share my love of worship with my kids.

So, it would come as no surprise then, how deeply touched and richly blessed my heart has been over the last couple weeks as many different people have approached Steve and I to share how they were touched and blessed to see how passionately our children worship the Lord!

This is by no means a bragging moment or right. This is an expression of profound gratitude to the Lord, that I have been able to see this fruit in my children and know that it has touched/blessed others.

See, even in the little things, God knows our hearts. He knows exactly what will bring us joy and what will bless our souls. "Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 He is good, my friends. All the time.

Bless and be blessed, y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment