Sunday, March 22, 2015

So Much Has Happened...

Since last we talked... or, I suppose, since last I talked. ;) 

It's funny how life gets going and seems to just pick up speed. So much has happened. So much has changed. It is funny how you start out your journey with one expectation or another, with a particular goal, with a narrow, singular focus and suddenly there comes a shift...

It can be subtle and slow, working it's way in quietly, as winter giving way to spring. It can be sudden as an earthquake shattering our plans only to make way for something beautiful to be built in their place. 

For me these changes came quickly and as quite the unexpected twist. When I began this journey I never expected this to become my career let alone my passion! I started out just trying to salvage my husband's health and feel better myself. Little did I know that as others joined us on our journey I would fall completely in love with helping them reach their goals! 

I have always loved to help others, acts of service is my "love language", but I never thought about helping people get healthy. Why not?! Our health is one of the most important factors in how live our lives and let's be honest, most of us could use a little help. Right? ;) 

Leading challenge groups has been such an unimaginable blessing for me! Yes, I am helping other people lose weight, build strength and make healthier food choices... but it is so much MORE than that! When I get to see the confidence building in them, the joy on their faces when they shatter plateaus and overcome obstacles, hear about the accomplishment they feel when they see their hard work and sacrifice paying off, it inspires me! Seeing that spark of life in them is one of the most beautiful experiences! 

These amazing people that I get the privilege of working with and for give me the encouragement to push myself to do better, to try harder, to keep going. Their stories touch my heart and each person leaves their mark in my life. I am more excited to see their results than I am to see my own! I can't wait for their weekly updates, to hear how they are doing, to learn about their successes and what challenge they want to tackle next! 

I am so richly blessed by these people who invite me into their lives and humbly share some of the most raw, courageous, and sometimes painful parts of their story. To see how they enjoy building each other up instead of tearing each other down, it is so beautiful. 

I am deeply thankful for each one of them! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment